Friday 1 December 2006

reason for being


So it seems it's finally happening.
My hopes of a cycle trip to Oman are now crystalising and over the coming weeks and months I'll be keeping a record of my travels here.

The premise for the trip is a simple one:
Boy meets up with sister.
Sister tells boy she has moved to Oman.
Boy decides to visit sister by bicycle.

I'll be leaving London on the 12th December and cycling down to Portsmouth before catching a ferry to Bilbao.From there the map gives a rough outline of my route but it's not precise. In part this is because it's still being planned but i also slightly lost control of the mouse while drawing it.

That's all for now.
If you're interested, tune in for more updates....and if you're really interested come and join me for a day or week somewhere along the way!






10 comments:

eghervas said...

Good luck mate!! I'll follow your steps!!

Ragna said...

Hope to see you in Madrid.

I am really jealous anbout you :)

Good luck!

Unknown said...

I just hope your sister's in when you get there ... Good luck !

Unknown said...

All the best Rusty - footy won't be the same without on a Wendesday until when you get back!

Wrighty said...

Dont forget to do your timesheets each day ! Happy fun cycling

Unknown said...

GO RUSTY GO!!! I've just got the message that you've set off on your way. The Rustymobile is now a yellow blur passing by from the streets of London - and beyond! See you in Portsmouth :)
Lis xx

Rozalka27 said...

Good luck on your adventure Russ, take lots of photos. Rosie (Bolero)

carl-erik said...

Well good luck to you Rusty! I hope you have a nice trip =)

Unknown said...

Hi Russ,

See your having 'fun' already. Stay positive and keep on going (and writing). Hope the foot and bike get sorted soon !!.
Sorry I missed you before you left but will definately catch up when you get back, it will go quickly so make sure you take loads of pictures !!
Cheers MC & HNY

TK

Judy said...

Glad to hear all is going well. Hope you have not had too much need of the go anywhere tape. All the best from Keith and me (Faud the Algerian nut man sends regards and good luck)
Love Mum