Friday 15 December 2006

the beginning and endless surburbia




A little bit late but i did finally set off on Tuesday as planned.
It seemed to take forever to get out of London.
Probably about 3 hours until i had left the smoke and still the burbs kept on stretching on, trying to maintain their grip on me..
Finally i reached my stop of Godalming for the night and from there it was pleasant day´s ride onto Portsmouth to meet Lisa and then catch the ferry the next day.
A fairly smooth and uneventful start except for the excitement of the A27. I stopped in Chichester and asked a friendly shopkeeper of the best way onto Portmsouth.
She kindly told me that the A27 would be the quickest and just fine for me and my bike so i took her advice and found myself happily joining what was soon pretty obviously a motorway.
Not really what i was looking for but i must say it did speed my progress and the quality of road surface was excellent!

No comments: